She is here! We are so happy and so tired at the same time. I feed her all the time, but I managed to get Aaron to hold her while I got this done! We went in at 5 in the morning to be induced. They put me on pitocin about six thirty. I felt contractions but they didn't hurt yet. Then at about 8 my doctor came in a broke my water. That is what got them going! At that time I was dilated to a 2 and about 70% of my cervix was thinned. She came back at 1 to check on me. By then I was having really bad contractions that I was breathing through as best I could. I was dilated to a 3 and 95% of my cervix was thinned. I asked her at that time if an epidural was possible. I had been having a hard time deciding if I wanted one or not. She said I could get one at this time but I decided to wait and try another drug that takes the edge off. Well all it really does is make you loopy but you can still feel the pain. That wore off by about 2 o'clock and the pain was really bad. So at about 2:30 Aaron asked if I wanted the nurse to check me. She came and checked me and I was dilated to a 5! So then I decided to get the epidural because it wasn't getting any easier! He came by 3 and while he was numbing my back I couldn't feel a thing because I was having a contraction. Then when he put in the needle I couldn't feel it either because he had numbed me! IT was so awesome. It started to work and within 15 minutes I could see I was having contractions and feel the tightening but could feel no pain! I talked to my mother in law on the phone, and then decided to take a nap. About an hour and a half after the epidural the nurse came in and told me to try and lay on my left side because the babies heart rate was dropping a little during the contractions. I did so. Within another 5 minutes she came back and ask me to try my right side. This time she didn't even leave the room. She just monitored the screen for about 3 minutes and said "I should check you again." She did and then said "well I can't even feel a cervix at all... I think you are a 10." She went to get another nurse to check me too. Sure enough I was ready to push! They called the doctor. At about 5 o'clock I started pushing with the nurse. It was really quite easy to be honest. The doctor was there at 5:15 and was pushed and pushed until she came out at 5:42! Pushing was wonderful with an epidural because I could feel no pain, but I could still feel when I needed to push and how hard! Aaron got to be right there holding up one of my legs and encouraging me. He was the best coach ever! He kept saying "Keep pushing, you are doing great, she is almost out!" I thought at first he was just saying that to help, but then all of a sudden he said "Look Natalie there she is!" I couldn't believe she was already out! She weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces and 19.25 inches long! We are so happy and so tired. I have never cried so much in my life. I even cried when we left the hospital because she has been having problems latching on to breast feed. I was going to miss all the nurses that were so helpful. We got some help at the pediatricians office yesterday and it is working so she is doing good now! Sleeps a lot, eats a lot, and never hardly cries. We couldn't be more happy... although I am getting tired of day time television already. We only have like 4 channels! There are some pictures below!

Here I am at 9 Months pregnant the day before being induced!

At the hospital before being induced. That is why I was still smiling.

Right after she was born they put her on my chest. She was so blue and beautiful!

Me and Aaron with our new bundle of joy.

Me with our cute girl!

Close up!

Right after we got home Aaron was playing with his baby!

This was at the doctor's office today. I love this outfit.

Aaron likes playing with her mouth!
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story, Natalie - it was fun to read. Congratulations again! I remember that feeling of the days being kind of crazy in the beginning because all the baby seems to do is eat and sleep (and my baby cried a lot too - I'm glad yours is more cooperative). I hear you about daytime TV too. Between noon and 1, all that's on is judge shows or soaps and I hate it!
Natalie she is so adorable and congrats on the relatively easy sounding labor! She looks so precious, and she looks a good size even though 6 pounds sounds so small to me!
PS I just wrote you an email before I checked your blog. Oops.
Glad you guys are doing well. Sorry I didn't make it to the shower, but I will come visit when I am in town again. You should sign up for netflix two movies at a time. That is what I used to help me entertained the first couple of months when you are feeding all the time. I just kept the list full of movies I liked so then I had stuff to watch when I started getting bluesy or stir crazy. Mine always hit in the evenings and so Chris would sit down with me. I know reading something good would have been better, but I could never read while feeding. I cried like every day for two weeks. Then I was over it. Call if you get bored of talking to the same people. 254-742-0705
Wow Nat. That is one cute newborn. And I'm not just saying that because she's my niece! Love ya! I'll call you today.
Oh Natalie! She is Beautiful!!! I am such a weenie and teared up a little at your story! I'm so glad that labor went so well for you! (Hallelujah for pain meds! :) Glad that yall got the breastfeeding down, I know what you mean - sometimes I feel like most of my day is spend feeding David! (okay feeding or changing diapers!)I can't wait to see her adorable face! And you and Aaron too I guess! Congrats again!!!
Thanks for posting your story! I love labor stories; they're always different. I'm glad yours went relatively well and just think, they usually get easier right? Congratulations again and she is adorable! I have to say, the first 6 weeks is usually the hardest part (for me anyway) and after that, it really gets good. I promise you will sleep for a full 8 hours again someday.
Post a Comment